Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cupcake Day part 2

While I'm on the subject of cupcakes, here's the result of some more of my brain activity- LOL!!!I love 3-D stickers, but I usually wish they were a different size or color, don't you? Well, I was gazing lovingly, ha ha, at some "La Petites" cupcakes from the Paper Studio that I have in my stash and an idea occurred (imagine that !!!) So I tried it, of course.

I opened up my Sure Cuts A Lot software and fired up my Cricut. I created these cupcakes (and amazed myself) by joining various shapes from the built-in library in SCAL. I ended up with three "frostings" and some candles (not shown here) by using clouds and raindrops from the weather category and also used a seashell (upside down), oval, and flower shape, all of which I distorted and/or twisted to suit me. The cake piece came from the basic shapes category and also got flipped!

The papers I used were all scraps, so only Hobby Lobby knows for sure what brands they might be... but now I can have cupcakes any size, anytime....YEA!!!!!!!!!!

I used ribbon, rickrack, glitter,Stickles, punches and SVGcuts files to decorate these. The pumpkin is from the September Afternoons collection at svgcuts.com



****IF YOU HAVE a Cricut and you've never heard of Sure Cuts A Lot... be sure to visit Mary and Leo at SVGcuts.com to learn more. They are so creative and helpful, and I know you will love their site as much as I do.


Happy cutting, and have a blessed day!

3 comments:

  1. The cupcakes are fabulous and way to go using the basic shapes and playing to create what you needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new blog. I think it is kinda cool in a way that your blogs birthday is Independence day.Is there a hidden meaning? LOL GOOD LUCK

    Darcy/ Butterfly

    ReplyDelete